Tuesday, 26 June 2012
Quick Ways to Boost Your Energy Level
Studying is a taxing process, and it is one that can easily put you
to sleep over time. If you are having trouble staying awake when you
study, you may want to find a way to boost your energy so you can make
it through the process. I’m not talking about popping a 5 Hour Energy
and hoping you stay up that long. There are plenty of other ways to
perk up without having to chug that nasty crap. Seeing that I pulled
tons of all-nighters during my days as an architecture student, I
figured I would share some of my secrets to staying up. Follow the tips
below, and you should have enough energy to get through late night study
sessions.
Power Naps
A simple 20 minute nap can provide you with as much energy as a cup
of coffee. That sounds crazy, but it is true. 20 minutes is just enough
time for your body to rest without falling into deep sleep. If you can
sprinkle in a few power naps during your study sessions, you should be
able to perk yourself up long enough to study. The sleep will also give
your mind a chance to retain the information you are trying to shove in
it. This is a winning situation all the way around.
Peppy Music
I type on the computer all day long, so I get really sleepy when I
have to work for extended period of time. The screen just makes me
drowsy, which causes me to start typing like
thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I know that this is going to
happen, so I choose to listen to upbeat music to keep my mind going.
The music makes me want to dance and move around, which keeps me from
falling asleep at the keyboard. Find something that you like to listen
to and see if it can help you stay awake.
Eat Fruit
Fruit is rich in natural sugars, and those natural sugars will
inevitably perk you up. If you drink soda or eat candy, you are only
going to get a temporary boost of energy from the sugars in them. If you
eat fruit or drink smoothies while you study, you are more likely to
sustain your energy levels for long periods of time. Think about that as
you go to put a snack together for yourself because the king sized
Snickers bar in the cabinet may not be ideal for you.
Avoid Comfy Furniture
It is really tempting to sit in a comfortable chair while you study,
but that is not going to provide you with the ideal learning setup.
Comfortable furniture is going to make you tired, to the point that you
may fall asleep without even knowing it. I do this sometimes in my
office chair when I’m watching TV. It’s not even that comfortable, but
it makes me really sleepy really quickly. Try to sit in something that
will keep you alert and focused. That way you learn as much as you can
in the time you have.
Final Thoughts
If you know you are tired beyond all reason, don’t try to study. Get
some rest and go over the information in the morning when you have a
better chance of retaining it. Otherwise you may be trying to shove more
into your mind than it can handle. If you can manage to stay awake long
enough to get through the study session, congratulations. Hopefully you
will do well on your exam as a result of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
































